Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Picture taken on Thanksgiving weekend 2013.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Count Down To College


Good Morning Everyone,

I'm going to TRY and make this blog as short as possible! I have the day off and I need to get soooo much done today.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and preoccupied these days. My bedroom is starting to look scary. Covered with boxes, half packed suitcases, folded clothes on my bed to be packed, stuff from shoes to blankets. Getting Keegan ready to live on her own has been a non-stop project. Plus trying to get everything done from getting her a passport, filling out college forms to getting her banking and medical shots in order. I'm starting to feel very anxious :/ this is the feeling I was trying to avoid. I need to stop and pray.

I have been enjoying the summer with the kids. We have been hanging out a lot. Nothing special, just hanging out. Oh my gosh, I am going to miss my baby girl like crazy. I keep having these sentimental moments, and it's happening more and more the closer we get to separation. I remember when she was little, she would have separation anxiety when I would drop her off somewhere, now it's my turn.

Two weeks from yesterday we will be in St. Louis moving this girl into her dorm. For the 1st 3 days she will be going to a camp with her fellow scholars group. They will be getting to know one another. It sounds like a fun time. Although I had to sign a paper that I would not hold the camp or Wash U responsible if she were to drown, get struck by lighting, break bones, etc!! I'm not kidding. Good grief, I'm going to be relieved when she gets back from camp. They will be going down some river, plus they will be doing that zip line thingy. Meanwhile David and I will be waiting at the hotel for her to come back to Wash U to finish moving her in. They have a dinner planned for parents and students before we leave. We will be saying our goodbyes on August 25th, Keegan's 18th birthday. Weird huh?

It was so fun watching Dawson play lacrosse this summer. The only thing I hated was I felt like I was in the Phoenix heat, it was so hot every game. Poor Dawson would be exhausted, he would play one game then referee the following game. There were 4 teams competing. His team was tied for 1st place until the last game and lost. So they came in 2nd place. Dawson was the lead scorer on his team. He made 14 goals in 8 games. He is getting better every time he plays. I don't have many pictures attached, except a few more of Dawson playing lacrosse. I'm going to try and attach a video of him. Hopefully it will work. At the end of the video you will see Dawson make a goal (watch the net, you will see the ball hit inside). You have to keep your eye on  #27. Most of the time he is the player on the right side of the screen facing the other players. He tries to score the 1st time then misses. He jumps up and throws a little temper tantrum when he misses the 1st attempt. Then he gets the ball back and scores. I just watched the video, the quality isn't as good as my original, plus it is so small especially on your iPads.

David and I are plugging away working as usual. Mostly just enjoying our summer with the kids. Both kids are driving us around everywhere. We just ride along. Pretty cool.

Love to all of you. Please pray for Keegan's new adventures around the corner. Pray that God sends His guardian angels to watch over her and keeps her safe every single second. Thank you for your prayers.

May God bless you.

Love,
Marjie

No comments:

Post a Comment