Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Picture taken on Thanksgiving weekend 2013.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Change in the Season


Hello,

The weather has been quickly changing these past few weeks. Today huge snowflakes are falling from the sky. They say that Utah has The Greatest Snow on Earth. Surprisingly I'm excited to see if it's true. I will probably regret saying that! I have a few pictures attached. Unfortunately you can never see the snow falling very well when it's photographed.

Dawson and I drove across the mountains to Park City yesterday where there are a lot of ski resorts. Many of the Winter Olympic games were held there. We went to a museum that displayed the 2002 Winter Olympics in SLC. It was a nice view on the mountain, but it will be much prettier when they have more snow.

Most of you have already seen Dawson on Facebook all dressed up in his Halloween costume. He was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. It was the last game for Fall Ball league. The team scrimmaged against themselves. It was hilarious to watch the boys running around the field all dressed up. Dawson made the 1st goal. Everyone shouted "Good job Dorothy"! He made 3 goals total and won 1st place for best costume. The team told him he wasn't in Kansas anymore! Next up..Dawson will start playing on an indoor lacrosse team for the winter months.

It won't be long and Keegan will be here to visit us for Thanksgiving. I absolutely can not wait. I miss her so much. She said she loves her 3 suite mates. (They don't share bedrooms, but they share a common living room.) The girls have all become very close friends. She is still enjoying hanging out with her boyfriend, and she said her 1st semester is hard. She mostly loves her Creative Writing class. (Anybody not surprised?) She sent me one of her short stories to read. It was so sad, but so good.

David is in the middle of his treatments. He is holding up well. Only a few times he has come home from work feeling sick. He spends his free time checking out our new location. He has jumped on the train, hiked some trails and driving around the area. He is the explorer of the family. When he finds something he really likes, he will show Dawson and I.

I'm still working at the big orange store! I would like to find another part time job to take up the extra time that I have. I used to drive my kiddos everywhere with that extra time. (Did that make any sense?) Lately I have had a lot of creative ideas of things I would like to try. Always thinking...we'll see.

There are 24 new pictures attached on the side. I'm sorry if I am boring you with more pictures of our house. They are mostly for Mom and Dad, since they won't get a chance to come out and visit. I'm hoping the rest of you will come out one day to beautiful Salt Lake City.

Hope all is well in your home. The holidays are nearby, so please be safe.

I will continue to pray that God is with you everyday.

Love and miss you,

Marjie

No comments:

Post a Comment