Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Picture taken on Thanksgiving weekend 2013.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This month has gone fast!



Hi there,

It's too hard to believe that we have lived here for a month. Wow, where did the time go? Seems like yesterday we were rushing around our home in Phoenix packing up our belongings. Made a terribly long road trip, took forever finding a place to live, getting the kids set up in school, and making sure David's and my jobs were lined up. It's funny that I can even ask "where has the time gone?"

We know for sure, we love this nice weather Wichita is having right now. I guess it is kind of unusual. It's suppose to be dry, hot and the grass should be turning brown. Instead it's lush green, sort of cool and has been wet.

A quick update on a few things. Dawson is loving his soccer team. He's the biggest kid on the team, so that works in his favor. He still is doing great in school. His favorite class is P.E. He just doesn't have a bad thing to say about anything!

Keegan is making more and more friends each day. Drama class seems to be where most of her friends are coming from. I know that none of you are surprised by that. Yes, she did get a part in the play!!! She text me today from school to inform me. She was hoping for a bigger part, but I think she should be really proud of herself. Around 50 kids auditioned. It looks like approx 15 main players in the cast. It will be a comedy. The play is called "The Man Who Came To Dinner". She will be an eccentric lady who is a nut case!

David and I are still getting used to our jobs. Even though they are basically the same jobs we were doing in Phx, it's still different. My co-workers seem to be warming up to me a little better.

This weekend David and the kids went to an air show. Then David and Dawson went to a Wichita Wingnuts baseball game. I think Dawson knows more about the team then most people from Wichita! Not surprised by that either, right?

I think that is all for now. I have to work early tomorrow morning. David should be home from work soon.

Thank you for the cards you sent to Keegan for her birthday. It was fun for her to get something in the mail at our new home. Her thank you cards may be running late since she has been loaded down with homework (including the weekends). It will not be an easy year for her.

We miss everyone. Hope you are all doing well. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
God bless you,
Marjie

No comments:

Post a Comment