Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Picture taken on Thanksgiving weekend 2013.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Closer to normal!




Hi everyone,


We are all glad last week is over. It was pretty stressful for all of us.


Finally last Friday I received a text half way through the day from Keegan that read "I love lunchtime!" Was I happy to see that text. All week long she hadn't found anyone to hang around with. A girl went up to her at the end of her class before lunch and wanted to know if Keegan wanted to join her and her friends. The girl ended up introducing her to about 20 other kids! Today (Monday) Keegan had a place to go and felt included.

Dawson is probably doing better then all of us. He is making all kinds of friends. He's loving his P.E. class, naturally. Saturday he started soccer practice at the YMCA. I can tell he is going to have a lot of fun on the team.
Keegan is trying out for the high school play tomorrow. She's very nervous. I know she will do a good job.

David's job is still going good. He started that new position I told you about last week. I guess he did okay, but I know he would rather just key addresses then to supervise. A lot more responsibility then what he had to do in Phx.

I started Home Depot. I'm in the same dept. as before. The kids were funny when I left for my first day of work telling me the same things that I told them for their first day of school. They did fine being left alone while we were both working.
We unloaded the final stuff out of our storage unit this weekend at U-Haul. So we are officially done moving. Our garage doesn't look like it. I keep unpacking and it doesn't look like I've done much.

Tomorrow is Keegan's 15th birthday. I hope she has a good day at school. Unfortunately we won't be doing much to celebrate. Her friends gave her a party before we left Phx. Now, I'm so glad they had done that for her. Her favorite food is steak, so maybe we'll grill out this weekend.

Nothing else new. All 4 of us like it here. The weather has been so nice. Yes, it has been raining a lot, but we are not sick of it yet. It is still very refreshing to us. I guess you can get tired of triple digits and sunshine day after day! Luna and Nike are not happy with all of the thunderstorms. Otherwise they seem to like our new home. Although Luna is a turkey, she doesn't want to come in when she's supposed to. She loves the big grassy yard.

Take care and keep in touch. Love and kisses to all of you.
God bless you,
Marjie


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear the kids are settling in & making friends. Unfortunately, girls are a lot different than boys when it comes to accepting new people. Tell Keegan that having that girl ask her to join her for lunch is probably the start of a great friendship. Please give the kids hugs & kisses for us & wish Keegan a belated Happy Birthday. Miss and Love you all more than you know. Please call and give us your home phone #.
    Love,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete