Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Picture taken on Thanksgiving weekend 2013.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray for Dawson!









Hello Hello,

First some really cool news. Dawson's Lacrosse team took 1st place in the city league. The last game of the season he scored several goals and assist with several other goals. He has turned into a really good player. After the games were over last weekend, they had individual competitions. They clocked the speed of the kids throwing a ball from their Lacrosse sticks. Dawson won the award for the "Fastest shot competition " for 7th & 8th grade boys. He received a really nice trophy for it. Their team also received a trophy for taking 1st place. I've attached a few pictures above. I will attach a picture of his team trophy at a later time. The picture is on David's phone, so I need to get a copy of it. We are so happy for Dawson, it was his turn to shine.

I want you all to know something. I receive notes from many of you concerned about Dawson. Afraid maybe I talk about Keegan too much and get a lot more pictures of Keegan than Dawson. Well, getting him to pose for a picture is like pulling teeth! Finally today I begged him to get dressed back up in his uniform (almost a week later) so I could take his picture to show all of you. Last weekend I had to work during his game, so by the time I got home, he was showered and his trophy was sitting on the counter. Plus he doesn't like his picture taken very much. I try not to drive him too crazy with it. Keegan is always a little more willing to pose for me.

Today I struck gold! I got several pics of Dawson. I even snuck a few while he was getting his hair cut. I had to bribe him with food, but we finally did it. I told him just as soon as school was out was the big haircut day. I actually think he likes his new haircut. It has to feel good. Hopefully it won't be shaggy by the time we go to AZ.

I have attached some "before" and "after" pictures of his hair!

This blog is only about Dawson. David and I are very proud of him. He did a great job in school this year. He has a ton of new friends. I think he has become pretty popular in his new school. He has so many friends I can't keep them straight. I think he also has discovered he likes girls. Although Dawson hasn't ever been shy around the girls! He has always had them for friends. Oh, by the way, I had to edit my blog this morning. Dawson informed me yesterday he has a girlfriend now! Her name is Raven. He showed me her picture, she is a very pretty girl.

Soon we will be back in AZ to visit our family and friends. Please pray for us to have a safe trip.

God bless you.

Love,
Marjie

1 comment:

  1. Yea, Dawson! Wish you guys were still here I could give you a hair cut!

    COngrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete