Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Picture taken on Thanksgiving weekend 2013.

Monday, May 17, 2010

We have a star in the family



Hello,

I've got to brag. Sorry, don't read if you don't want to hear me carry on.

Keegan has had such an awesome year at her new school. Besides her classes being so tough and had so much homework with very little social life. She has shined in her Drama class. She became a Thespian this year. If you are like me, you are probably saying "a what?". That's when you put in a certain amount of hours working in Theatre. Whether it's on stage, lighting/tech, directing, going to other shows, helping in any way with Theatre. At the end of this school year the Thespian officers nominated students for certain awards. Such as Best Actor, Best Supporting, Best Debut, Best Dancer, Director, Singer, etc. All together there were 21 categories. Keegan was nominated for 5 categories. In each category there were 6 students nominated. We were so proud of her. She is only a sophomore. Most of the students she was going up against were juniors and seniors. They are all a VERY talented group. We have thoroughly enjoyed every performance they put on. Keegan was nominated for Best Actress in Leading Role, Best Actress in Supporting Role, Best Actress in a One Act, Best Debut, and finally Best Kiss!! Okay I will explain the Best Kiss for those who just dropped their mouth open. She was in a part "Midsummer Night's Dream", if you know the Shakespeare Play, she was "Helena". Two guys had a spell put on them, so they were both madly in love with her. In one scene they were both on there knees on each side of her, holding her hands and started kissing each hand! I know that sounds weird, but it was hilarious. The entire time they were kissing her hands, she was upset with them, yelling in Shakespearean how rude they were. The audience was roaring, it was so funny. I wouldn't be surprised if her friends end up putting the scene on UTube!!

She went to her banquet last night. She ended up winning Best Supporting Actress, Best Debut, and Best Kiss. She brought home 2 big trophies. They didn't give out a trophy for Best Kiss, but the three of them had to get up in front of everyone and re-enact the scene. She also received a "Letter" for Theatre. I've attached some pictures of her night of fame above. Also scroll down on the side to see a few more pictures. If you scroll down even a little further, you will see the pictures of her dressed as an older women in "Flowers for Algernon". That's the play that she won the Best Supporting award for.

David's and my heart sang last night when she told us how happy she was that we moved here. That was worth so much to us, since we broke her heart a year ago when we told her we were moving to Kansas. God is so good. Only He knew how happy she would be.

I'm sorry if I have bored you, but I had to tell all about our excitement.

The kids are counting done the days for school to be out. They both are excited for our trips this summer to AZ and WI. I hope AZ isn't too hot when we get there. I do NOT miss the heat at all.

I am going to plant flowers today. For Mother's Day David and the kids gave me money to buy flowers for our yard. It was so hard to choose what to buy, so I will start with a few and add on later. I have attached my flower pictures on the side, be sure to check them out.

It has rained off and on all week. Everything is so lush and green. Our backyard is beautiful again. Lots of bunnies & robins hopping around.

I have the day off, so I need to get busy planting.

May God be there for you through everything.

Cant' wait to see all of you this summer.

Love, Marjie












No comments:

Post a Comment